Friday, May 25, 2007

101 Questions

Another question. If everyone thinks of himself or herself as being right, what can be considered as wrong? Facts are disputed, scholars disagree, morals differ. Who is right? Who is wrong? Is there a right and a wrong?

What are the implications of this question to leadership? Are there good leaders and bad? If someone is a leader, then there are others who choose to follow that person. Do people choose a leader they consider to be bad? I am not referring to people obeying an authority out of fear. I am speaking of someone who is truly a leader; someone who people freely choose to follow. There are those who choose to follow the lead of George W. Bush. They even follow him to war. There are others who would not follow him to the corner store. Those who consider him to be a leader think he is doing a good job. Others do not consider him to be a leader at all. Who is right and who is wrong?

When we are in a lead role, how do we determine when we are right and when we are wrong? Does it depend on how many people choose to follow us? How about those individuals who we now hold in high esteem who in their time were generally rejected?

I don’t have answers to the questions I pose. Even if I did, would it make any difference? If you agreed with my answers, you would consider me to be right. If you disagreed with me, you would say I was wrong.

There is always “maybe.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home