Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tribes

I highly recommend Tribes by Seth Godin. Godin is one of my favorite authors because he gets me thinking in new ways. The essence of Godin's message in Tribes is that you have what it takes to lead, we need you to lead, so just do it. I have decided I will use Tribes as the text for the university leadership capstone course at I teach. Godin provides no formulas. He does stimulate thinking and inspires the reader to take action. My experience is that we learn to lead by leading. There are no set ways to lead. Each circumstance is different. What is key is the mindset we bring to the situation. Shaping the way we think is Godin's strength. Don't expect to find in this book step-by-step instructions on how to lead. Many authors, consultants, and teachers try to sell us such pat answers. There aren't any. Read Tribes and dare to accept Godin's challenge to lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home