Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Always Leading

Ben Simonton, author of Leading People to be Highly Motivated and Committed, posted a comment to my last blog entry. His remarks prompted me to think that managers are always leading people. Through their actions and interactions, managers are either leading people to effective or ineffective performance. It is often said that people can only be led; things or processes are managed. How a manager interacts with followers will determine if that manager is “leading” people to productive or unproductive actions.

I suggest reading Ben’s comments and my reply. Also click on his interview. His concept about growing people to become non-followers is one I find especially intriguing.

My last post also prompted an email from the Harvard Business Press informing me that they have a John Kotter page on their website--
http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/kotter/. I found the video interview with John Kotter informative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home