Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Journaling

Journaling is an important tool for self-development. There are many forms of journaling. One practice is called “morning pages.” Developed by author and artist Julia Cameron, this process involves starting each day by simply writing three pages in your journal. Just keep writing without stopping. The regular act of writing can uncover new discoveries about you.

There are more intentional forms of journaling. For example, when struggling with a problem, it is useful to dialogue with yourself in your journal. Ask yourself a question and then write the answers that emerge.

You may also use questions to explore your inner terrain. Following are some starter questions you might journal about as a follow up to the process I outlined in the previous entry entitled “It’s About You”.

Who am I?
Who do I want to be?
Who do others think I am?
What do I identify with?
Who would I like to be like?
Who are my heroes?
What do I wish people knew about me?
What do I not want others to know about me?
How would I like others to see me?
What is the image I project as a leader?
What image would I like to convey as a leader?
Who are leaders I admire? Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home